Thursday 3 September 2015

Muse feathers

When I saw Carol Mayne's lovely card on Muse this week I just had to take part! I liked the CAS look of her card and the different colours used for the feathers. I wanted to create an ombré effect on my card so used a Kaleidacolor set in blue breeze. I inked up the stamp, then spritzed it with water and stamped it 3 times without re-inking. I liked the effect this created on the watercolour card.





I am also going to enter this card into the current challenge at CASology which is "WRITE".

Materials used:-
Stamp - Hot of the Press Feathers
Sentiment - Dawn Bibby
Inks - Kaleidacolor blue breeze; Versafine Onyx black; DI broken china

Thanks for visiting - I really appreciate your comments. Margaret


10 comments:

  1. OOOOO, blues. I really like the ombré effect on your card, Margaret. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! Love the colors and the stamping off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'm swooning over the sophisticated ombre feathers you've created; such an inspired, lovely take on my Muse card! That feather image is incredibly pretty! Thank you for sharing this beauty in the Muse gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, clean colours! So glad you joined us at Muse and CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous technique to get an ombré effect. Beautifully CAS too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the effect of the faded ink and spritzing. Really gorgeous card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique for repeating image! Beautiful card, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card. I love your father stamp and the colours you use. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ombre colors!!!! Thanks for joining us at CAsology this week, so glad that you did!!

    ReplyDelete