Sunday 19 July 2020

Joy to the world

That's my first Christmas card made! I was delighted that the Less is More challenge for this week is to make a one layer card Christmas card as I like to start making my Christmas cards early. I am also going to enter this card into the CAS Christmas challenge where the theme is nativity.



I often use the masking technique to make one layer cards. For this design I made a circle mask from thin card and inked through the mask with distress inks to make the background. The stamps were inked and then clear embossed.



Materials used:-
Nativity stamp - Clarity stamps
Sentiment - Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 142
Distress inks - Broken China and Shaded Lilac
Black ink - Versafine Onyx Black

Thanks for visiting my blog - I really appreciate your comments. Margaret

9 comments:

  1. So simple, so elegant

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, your card is CAS perfection. Your blue blended background is a great frame for your black nativity scene. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Margaret. Love the colours of your ink blended background ... so pretty and peaceful. Perfect colours to show off your lovely nativity scene silhouette! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS and absolutely perfect Margaret! LOVE your soft blended colors and the sweet silhouetted nativity scene...sooo pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ink blending and I love that you chose a silhouette for your Nativity scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sponged background for your nativity scene. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully masked and inked background. I love the Nativity silhouette! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silhouettes and a gorgeous blend of winter colours, what's not to love? Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete